Monday, March 14, 2011

:: To help Japan ::

I am pretty sure all of you have been glued to the TV's and watching the heartbreak of Japanese nation and the scale of this tragedy is just impossible to grasp. The military base I live on has organized taking and transporting donations to the affected areas. Blankets, non-perishable food, water, basic medical aid. As I am already here and just donating money didn't feel enough of what I could do.

So from March 14 for the next 2 weeks - 85% of my knitting pattern sales would go to Japanese people. I (with the help of hubby) would buy available provisions to donate for the Japanese victims relief.

You can buy them via sidebar on my blog or via Ravelry. Or if you just want to donate couple dollars, you can also click donate button.


Thank you everyone for your support!!!

I know the first transportation of donations from our base would be leaving sometime today-tomorrow.

Please spread the word! And let's hope and pray for the aftershocks to slow down, because it has been still pretty rocky..

10 comments:

  1. good morning from Switzerland,
    I just bought a pattern and will refer your help on my blog, all the best and one has no words what is just happening now..
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to check to were all right and bought two more patterns. Thanks for this generous initiative, hope the worst is behind you... all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Olga, I have been following your blog for a long time. I hope you are ok! Take care and stay safe! Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olga,

    I'll be happy to contribiute from Italy for Japan. Your sorrow is our sorrow..

    Marcella
    www.totheknittygritty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olga,

    I'll be happy to contribiute from Italy for Japan. Your sorrow is our sorrow..

    Marcella
    www.totheknittygritty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Olga,

    I hope you and your loved ones are safe.

    Thank you for doing this, for giving us this opportunity to help and get your beautiful patterns in return!
    I just bought Miura, Hari, and Enso - all beautiful constructions and ingenious ideas. I know it's not a lot compared to the range of the disasters, but I hope it will help nonetheless.

    Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for doing this. Will mention your efforts on my blog as well. Be safe and know a lot of knitters are thinking about Japan and every one who's suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To you and all the wonderful people of Japan, please stay strong and safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Olga, good luck with everything and I hope the purchases of the Miura, and Hari will help just that little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your very kind doing for our Japanese people.
    I am live in Tokyo, so I am safe, but one of my relatives are in a disaster.
    I am knitting knitting knitting for them. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete